Thursday, April 2, 2009

The What and the Why

So, I've been thinking about the whole "blogging" phenomenon, if you would call it that...a lot of people are doing it, some are doing it well, some probably don't care - in a way, I can see blogging as cathartic - an online journal if you will. I see more and more blogs on other business' websites and many of my colleagues are blogging about their businesses. So I asked myself "why" should Provenance have a blog? What is our goal? We send out 2 emails each month to our customers, and many seem to read it and comment on it to us...then I thought: I write the newsletter, why shouldn't our customers hear from the rest of the staff here. We have some great, energetic people who love food, wine and learning about it. I'm sure they have some great things to say and ideas to share...and so it goes: Our goal with this blog is to give those who are interested more info on stuff we love, stuff we've learned and stuff we just find interesting and think you may, too.

Thanks for reading. Please let us know your feedback by posting a comment on this blog. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I found that a blog helps tremendously, because there are so many insights, stories, discoveries you come across and you cannot share individually with every friend and customer individually. Before I started a blog, I emailed selected people something, but then found that it would be interesting to a few more. But who has the time carefully select email addresses? And how do you know who's interested in what?
    Looking forward to read your staff's postings!

    ReplyDelete